Pagina 1: Mining Ethereum: GPU Power Consumption
Pagina Two: Six Useful Tips For Configuring Mining Equipments
Pagina Trio: Test Results: Power Consumption For Mining & Gaming
Pagina Four: Test Results: Ethereum Hash Rate
Pagina Five: Test Results: Spectacle Vanaf Watt And Dollar
Pagina 6: Test Results: Fan Speeds & Temperatures (Mining & Gaming) & Conclusion
Test Results: Power Consumption For Mining & Gaming
Compared to previous GPU generations, AMD’s and Nvidia’s 14nm/16nm offerings dramatically improve spectacle at every given power target. Ter brief, they’re far more efficient than anything that came before.
Power consumption means everything to a graphics card, since it affects spectacle, noise output, and reliability (which is directly tied to operating temperature). The sexier a graphics card is permitted to get, the more stress its components are compelled to bear.
This, ter a nutshell, is why all modern GPUs will throttle before crossing a manufacturer-defined threshold. By pulling back on voltage and frequency, spectacle is sacrificed. But that’s better than compromising the houtvezelplaat’s health.
Te an effort to quantify the behavior of modern graphics cards, wij combine the data-collection capabilities of Powenetics, logging ter GPU-Z, and a handful of workloads able to utilize GPUs ter different ways. The polling rate for our Powenetics measurements is 2ms (0.002s), while GPU-Z reads every 100ms (0.1s). The workloads comprise the following:
- Average (Spel): Wij run Ondergrondse: Last Light at 1920×1080 and measure the average of all readings while the spel’s benchmark is rendering (no title/loading screen). Wij run the benchmark once to permit the graphics card to reach a zindelijk operating temperature before proceeding with our measurements.
- Peak (Spel): Wij use the same settings spil above, only this time wij take into account the single peak wattage reading that our equipment records.
- Average (FurMark): Wij run FurMark’s Stability Test at 1600×900 resolution with 0xAA, measuring the average of all readings during a 10-minute period. FurMark applies an unrealistic GPU stream, tho’ it does represent a worst-case screenplay.
- Peak (FurMark): Same spil above, only wij record the peak wattage reading during our 10-minute test.
- Average (Mining): Wij use Claymore’s Dual Ethereum AMD+Nvidia GPU Miner to mine Ether for Ten minutes, and measure the average of all readings. Wij usually conduct two tests, one with the graphics card at stock clocks and one with settings optimized for mining.
- Peak (Mining): Wij note the peak power reading during our 10-minute mining session. Spil mentioned, wij usually run two tests, one with the graphics card at stock clocks and one with optimized-for-mining settings. At least to commence, however, wij have only stock configurations.
For all measurements, wij maintain an ambient temperature around 70°F (21.1°C) with a humidity level close to 35%.